So many people spent their lives focusing on the negative things in their past and what they had lost or never had during their lifetime. Meanwhile, he or she loses time in the moment and not experiencing what is going on in their lives now. In doing so, the negative thinking colors your mindset negative and can cause your mindset to become cynical and rigid.
A mindset is a habitual and characteristic attitude that your mind is set on. A mindset can be fixed, flexible or stagnant.
Are you one of those people? You do not have to be.
5 Tips to Change your Mindset
Here are 5 tips that will help you to shift your mindset by divorcing yourself from the past situation, therefore, causing to view and feel everything negative. A negative mindset colors your attitude dark and keeps you ruminating about past situations.
1. Think and identify what sentence or statement that has been influencing your mindset. Once you have discovered the sentence or statement, figure out the past situation in which you formed that sentence or statement from.
2. Determine if that sentence or statement has been a barrier to you achieving what you want (happiness or success) due how it has influenced your mindset and if you need to erase that sentence or statement from your mind.
3. Imagine that you are holding bright white chalk in your writing hand. On the blackboard, write the sentence or statement on the blackboard.
For example…”I cannot be what I want (happier, loved or successful) because of what happened to me in that situation and how it made me think negatively or bad about myself".
4. Erase the sentence or statement out of your mind by grabbing the front of the “I” in the sentence or statement and push the whole sentence or statement of the blackboard to the right as far as you can until the sentence or statement is entirely out of your inner visual sight and off your mental blackboard. By doing this, you're erasing the sentence or statement off of your mental board completely.
5. Once you're done erasing mentally, go back to the middle of the blackboard. Create and write a new affirmative sentence or statement on the board in the bright white chalk about you that you want.
For example…“I can be what I want and live in my moment while rejecting any thought, feeling or situation that would pull me down or back into past negative memories".
6. Once you have completed that, place your full focus on the new sentence or statement and repeat it out loud to yourself with healthy, passionate feeling. Now read it again 3 more times in a row again with strong feeling.
Follow through on all 5 tips and see how easy it is to shift your mindset quickly. Regain your power. Believe you can create a new positive mental and emotional landscape in your mind therefore it will happen. Read your new statement out loud to yourself 4 times every day for 30 days and after 30 days it will be embedded in your mind.