What are "Persecutor Alters in a D.I.D System?"



I receive many questions on the subject of Dissociative Identity Disorder, known as D.I.D. from survivors of serve abuse and who are suffering from Complex PTSD. In all my years of working with D.I.D. clients, it is this type of alters that are feared the most and are the most misunderstood.

"Persecutor Alters" is the most feared, resistant and rejected by the host as well as the professionals that work with this population.

"Persecutor Alters" referred to or viewed two different ways.

1. If the person experienced ritual abused then persecutor alter(s) is "demon(s)" put into the victim by suggestion through brainwashing and torture over an extended period of time. The victim is put into a high degree of suggestibility by deprivation of sleep, food and drugged. A victim perceives persecutor alters as one of their own alters but are in fact they are just a mirror image of one or more alters in the host system. These “mirror images or persecutor alters” have no eyes and are not a part of host’s Soul. This type of symbolic representations or persecutor alters generally create constant crisis and chaos for the victim internally and in his or her external life. Persecutor alters adhere strictly to the rules, beliefs, behavior, and values that the abuser or group set forth by force. The victim was made to verbally promise to adhere to for the rest of his or her life at the penalty of death. Persecutor alters sabotage the victim all the time.

2. The second-way persecutor alters are viewed is that they are a “resistant alter(s)” that abide completely by the rules, behaviors, beliefs, expectations, and /or values of their abuser. These types of alters tend to not believe or accept the “host system” because no one helped or saved them. This type had been singled out from the other alters and were put through intense emotional excitement to make sure that the rules, behaviors, beliefs, expectations, and /or values of the abuser would embed into the subconscious. These alter(s) are unknowingly affectionately attached and completely loyal to the abuser. Persecutor alters are unable or willing to attach to the host system or authentically view the reality. They are stuck in the past and in a toxic relationship. Crisis and chaos is the only life they know.
          Coach Bill

Comments

  1. Reading this makes perfect sense to me. I was tormented through years of satanic abuse and every time things seem to get better...it's like a part of myself throws me off course again. Dr Bill when i was at WIIT I asked you about "sleepers"...at least that is what my system calls them. I feared that they could be satanic beings instead of splintered parts of myself...you asked me to look inside and tell you what color the sleepers eyes were...to make sure I looked at all of them in the face...my response was all of them had green eyes and you told me that they were not satanic beings, that they were parts of me. Are you saying in the above post that trauma thrill parts are NOT a part of my system? Can you explain in more detail?
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - Thank you for your comment on this blog. I will attempt to explain further. Persecutor alter(s) are suggestions that abuser of that type embed into a victims thoughts when all their fight is gone and all their energies are depleted. The victim remembers the suggestion as real, but persecutor alter(s)are not part of the of the victims system. If an alter has not eyes or is not part of the victim's soul then it is not a "real alter". Hope that helps. Blessings, Dr Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dr. Bill both explanations are very helpful, #2 very much pertains to my System or I should say it did pertain to several in my System. It is very difficult to find a "definition" for PA's. Thank you so much for your insight and help. My old therapist did not know what a PA was.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woundgal - Thanks for your comments. Glad you gained insight. Past it on to others who have same issues. Blessings, Dr Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow I am so grateful for this sight you really know your stuff. I understand more than i did before about a Persecutor alter and that makes me so happy. Bless you

      Delete
    2. Anonymous,

      Thank you for your comments. You are very kind. This is a very important issue for survivors with DID. I hope more read and understand what you have so they can be stronger also.

      Blessings to you, Coach Bill

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts