3 Core Beliefs Can Either Make or Break You


I wanted to share the results of the survey I conducted on Facebook. I wanted to know if your first thoughts after an overwhelming event were powerful enough to be a barrier to success.

Survey Question

The question was “When doubt surfaces due to current overwhelming situations or extreme stress in your life, what do you think first?” 

I wanted to know the first thought that surfaced when a person was faced with stressful or overwhelming life events. I tried to compare it to other surveys, and what I was noticing in people I have been coaching. I thought this knowledge was critical to increasing understanding of why some people experience barriers when attempting to be successful in their life.

First Thoughts

The people who participated had three choices: 

     1. “I am not good enough”; 

     2. “I do not deserve to___” or 

     3.  “I do not measure up.” 

Results

First Place

The results were exciting. The number one choice reported was by the individuals who participated was “I am not good enough.” 

This thought is actually a core belief formed about self. This core belief statement was found to be the #1 in many other surveys as well as the number one reported by people I coach. 
This core belief rooted in their subconscious mind is a reflection of his or her self-perceived weaknesses, lack of performance, feelings of failure or perceived skills level they feel they are lacking. 

Runner-Up

The second most common reported was “I do not measure up to ____.” This one reflects that under stress people tend to compare themselves with others. 

Third Place

The last reported was “I do not deserve to ____.” This rooted core belief tends to reflect the issue of permission or the right to heal old wounds, be rewarded or succeed.

Take Away

The good news is that all three responses are healthy, natural, and all can be shifted. Shifting to a positive belief will remove the barrier to personal growth or success.

For more information visit my website and click here for free eBook.

           Coach Bill


       

Comments

Popular Posts